Monday, November 12, 2007

Sunday, Remembrance Day


A dropped poppy on the wet stairs.

Have you ever stopped to listen to the stories of some of the people handing out poppies for remembrance day? I was waiting for the GO Train one day, a couple years ago, and it still sticks out in my head. I overheard a couple of the men with the poppy boxes talking... "it's such a shame" one said "all of these poppies we hand our every year, for just one day and then they get tossed in the garbage". The other man continued "It's only one day that most of these people remember what hundreds of thousands of people did for them... now that's a shame."

I picked up the poppy.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Stunning picture.

Jenn said...

GREAT photo and a good lesson to learn from your story :)

kimberina said...

Thanks ladies!

Yeah, that's one thing I think I'll always remember this time of year. It's funny how a 2 second conversation can stick in your head for years!